JOB DESCRIPTION – Ad Sales
As an advertising or media sales representative, you'll be working in the publishing (magazine) industry. Essentially, you'll be selling media 'space' to advertisers.
Your role will vary according to the nature of your employer's business. However, your day-to-daily tasks are likely to include:
- Persuading clients to buy advertising space
- Finding out who controls the advertising budget in target organizations, and contacting them
- Explaining the benefits of your medium, using statistics on readership or viewing figures
- Offering a price and negotiating around it
- Closing the deal and recording the details
OTHER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Networking, Prospecting, Market Research, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Marketing Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Market Knowledge, Meeting Goals, Professionalism, Good Skills with Adobe and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).